So, I have some weaknesses. I can’t say no to Moroccan food.
Here is a dish I could never stop eating no matter how fattening it is.
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (Greek extra virgin olive really glorifies the recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup couscous (original Moroccan couscous and none other)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion greens
- My personal touch is the adding of one cinnamon stick into the water leaving it there all the time and removing it before serving.
Bring water, oil, zest, and salt to a boil in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan. Stir in couscous and dates, then cover pan and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in scallion greens.
This couscous goes extremely well with every dish, whether it’s fish, red or white meat or just cooked veggies.